Saturday 22 February 2014

Saving money tips: FOOD

Hi guys!

Have you ever wonder how much money you can save in everyday life? I did! Last few days I spent doing research about it and I decided to create new series on my blog about money saving. Today I am going to give you 5 tips how to save money on food. 



1. Every single day find out what food products you have at home.  This is the  most important tip which let you save money. If you in your fridge is meat which you bought few days ago and forgot about  it is very likely that you can throw it to the bin loosing money at the same time. Check your supplies regulary! 

2. Do not buy some products just because it is buy one take second for half price etc. offer. If you know you are not able to eat 2 kilograms of carrot, do not buy them because it is cheaper. I mean especially about fresh products like vegetables or fruits. If you necessarily want buy, freeze part of it. You will avoid looses. 

3. Check shelves with reduced food. Yes, I am not crazy. Do it every time when you are in shop. If you need for example bread for today, take this which is reduced. In some case you can save even 50%! I do it all the time and I am still alive. I have seen many times people buying bread that 30 seconds later was reduced. Cut-price does not means not good.

4. Do lists. I have my list every time when I am going to the shop. Before shopping list I am creating menu for all week. Than I can easily find out what I need to buy. When you already have you shopping list, constantly buy only what is on it. You will avoid spending money on unnecessary products. 

5. Prepare your food at home. You do not need to spend money eating out every day. It is easy, healthy and much cheaper prepare your meals at home. You will be suprised how much money you can save per week. 

I am using this tips in my everyday life and I spend £30 per week for 2 people on food. I think it is pretty little. 
Let me know what you think about saving money and what tips are you using in you everyday life. I can wait to find out new saving money ideas.

Poly
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment